Job ID 2739
Salary (£) From £34,000 per year negotiable DOE
Contact Email email@example.com
Central Bristol Architectural practice seeking Architectural Technologist or technically focussed Architect.
This is an exciting time to join the practice and offers a great opportunity for a technical design professional to work in a dynamic and ambitious growing business.
A well-established close-knit team of designers with an ever-growing client base, working across a broad array of projects, from residential developments and high-quality domestic remodelling projects to mixed use developments and student accommodation. The practice has extensive experience with historic and Listed Buildings. Working predominantly in and around Bristol, reaching further into the Southwest and into London.
The role will require a motivated, meticulous individual with excellent technical appreciation and attention to detail, working with long-standing clients and building relationships with new ones. Taking on projects from planning and progressing through the various technical stages, reporting to the practice Directors, and often involving managing other team members.
The position provides opportunities for career development and personal growth within the practice and progression towards to Associate level.
Working from an open plan studio space in a converted historic building, you will be supported by a friendly and versatile team bringing together a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Offering a mixture of office working three days a week with the remaining two days worked remotely.
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience within the UK
- Relevant degree in Architecture or Architectural Technology
- AutoCAD proficiency
- UK driving licence with own car
- Experience working on UK based building regulations packages
- Excellent technical detailing ability
- Proactive and ambitious approach to projects
- Demonstrate high level of diligence, multitasking and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in both new build and refurbishment/extension/conversion projects
- Working across all RIBA stages
- Production and of technical working drawing packages
- Managing other consultants and design coordination
- Production of specifications and schedules
- Supporting junior team members
- Playing an active part in quality assurance
- Preparation of risk assessments and other CDM documentation
- Working closely with contractors, fielding queries and problem solving
- Assisting with project programming and managing timescales
- Liaison with relevant authorities e.g. planning officers, building inspectors, utility providers etc.
- Involvement in administering building contracts (mentorship provided)