Job ID 2232
Salary (£) negotiable depending on experience
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Castria is an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy providing architectural, civil & structural engineering and building surveying services to a wide range of private and public sector clients throughout the UK. We offer a truly integrated service to a wide range of sectors and bring specialist knowledge and skill to MoD estate and building heritage projects.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced chartered civil or structural engineer to lead a engineering design team on a diverse portfolio of projects encompassing new build, refurbishment and historic building conservation projects.
We are looking for an individual who is confident and pro-active, with a hands-on approach, who can deliver high integrity design. You will take a lead role in the delivery of engineering projects with the possibility of career progression.
You will be encouraged to enhance your continuing professional development through developing and exploiting ground-breaking technological engineering advances within the sector. From this class-leading technical foundation, you will help us and our clients to take advantage of the digital revolution to provide technical innovation, efficiency and embed resilience into our designs.
We are offering a very competitive salary package and bonus scheme. Grab this unique opportunity to work in one of the most attractive parts of the UK whilst delivering industry leading design services throughout the UK. The position offers flexible working for a great work/life balance.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of projects across UK: feasibility studies, detailed design (incl. Design and Build), and construction support.
- Contribute to work winning through production of proposals, fees, and scope definition, in response to client tenders.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary environment across teams to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Contribute to the efficient delivery of projects to meet programme and budget.
- Production and review of design deliverables including engineering design calculation, drawings and report writing for projects in accordance with relevant design standards.
- Interpreting the client’s brief to produce sustainable, efficient and cost effective designs.
- Building and maintaining excellent and positive working relationships with staff, clients, third parties and suppliers.
- Act as a focal point between the team and clients and consultants in ensuring clear communication and progress on the projects, and delivering high levels of customer service
- Contract Administration, prepare tender bids and submissions, maintain an overview with regard to projects status(programme/fees).
- Report to the Technical Engineering Director and assist with forecasting and resourcing.
Currently our engineering team is working on over 30 local and national projects. Our work ranges from concept design through to construction covering commercial, residential, airfields, MoD estate, ports and harbours and iconic historic buildings.
- Educated to degree level with a civil/structural engineering bias; Chartered member of a recognised engineering institution.
- Have a solid technical background in structural design of buildings
- Be confident in the use of engineering packages such as Tekla Building Designer/Lusas
- Have a detailed understanding of current standards and codes of practice relating to building design.
- Have a passion for intelligent design in building refurbishment/reuse.
- Able to work on several projects concurrently, delegating work to graduate engineers yet maintaining responsibility for their output.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a multidisciplinary team including with Clients, Contractors and colleagues alike.
- Flexible approach to work type and locations within the UK for project assignments.
- Cornwall or Bristol based.