Job ID 2329
Salary (£) £28,000-£34,000
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Part II or architect will be responsible for supporting the project lead, design partner and wider team of 3, on a higher education project based in Sheffield. The project is in design development (RIBA 1) and this international studio are the expert partners developing the design alongside another British practice. This is an opportunity to see and deliver a full project life cycle in a short period of time.
The role is for a Part II or newly qualified architect and would suit a profile who has a strong interest in how people use, move and ‘be’ in a space and building. This is heavily focused around the student experience and you’ll be working closely with scientists and lecturers to create state of the art research centres, lecture halls and inspirational learning and development spaces. You’ll be working with expert architects and be exposed to every stage of the project in a very small team. You’ll have exposure to client meetings, early design development stages and see a project with a build value of 40 million through to completion in a 2.5 year period.
The office is unstructured and would suit architects who enjoy working in an environment allowing a lot of freedom in the way of working. This also means being agile with your working style able to move quickly and efficiently between different tasks. You’ll have a large focus on the drawn work across the whole project (not just one part).
While working on the education project you’ll support the leadership teams on new bids, pitches and be exposed to the wider business operations.
- Work in Revit and Rhino on the development of design, currently RIBA stage 1.
- Work closely with director, and project lead throughout the duration of the project
- Write and create documents for clients alongside project director and founder.
- Work with consultants’ teams
- Providing senior management with pertinent information and supporting informing the decision-making process to take the projects forward.
- Promotes firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution and sustainability
Experience and skills
- Part II or qualified architect.
- Experience of working in public/civic buildings – education/civic and have an interest in how the end user uses the space
- Working knowledge in Revit
- Experience working UK projects, demonstrating an understanding of planning and construction.
- Hands-on with a strong attention to detail.
- Team player – willing to undertake different tasks and responsibilities, as required by the business.
- Strong IT skills – advanced in Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe In-Design.
- Strong, confident communicator who is able to convey information about project performance to senior staff.
- Experience of working with senior level management.
- Agile working style
Reporting to one director and studio lead. This will be the fourth role in the team.
Office and working hours
The formal hours are
Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm.
Current office days are 2/3 days a week, 2/3-days wfh.
Additional time as required in support of projects, marketing events or as clients require. This client is very agile and flexible and has shorter working days.
The company is unable to sponsor and therefore will only accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.