Job ID 2330
Salary (£) £48,000 - £52,000
Contact Email email@example.com
This is an opportunity for a senior urban design or current associate to lead a team of 5 architects under the leadership of one founder in a studio in start-up phase. The practice is 2 years old and has completed over 28 projects in emerging countries and regions. Projects are specifically urban design, regeneration and masterplans or large-scale buildings. The team focuses on vision, concept and early stages design – the practice does not have any exposure to construction stages of projects.
Architects, urban designers and masterplanners who are interested in working in emerging economies would thrive in this role. This is an opportunity to grow and develop you knowledge and expertise in developing countries.
The role will be hands-on and will suit designers who want to remain close to projects. The role is not expected to do business development but will be involved in new client meetings. Those who are keen to move into a business development role will be able to learn from the founder and be a right hand. Those who have contacts would also be welcomed and to develop the existing portfolio.
The associate will work collaboratively with the team driving creative concepts and project running to make sure schemes are delivered to time, to the program plan and budget. This will be the only associate role in the studio.
The practice is building on processes and therefore an architect who has ambitions to become a senior leader and would like to be influential in how a practice is shaped and run would enjoy this role. This is an opportunity to move away from large firms/hierarchies/structures and have freedom and autonomy in the way you work.
- Leading the design team of 5
- Leading and overseeing the design, encouraging and nurturing the design ambition
- Client facing, taking briefs and being a point of contact between director/client and team.
- Planning projects to make sure team know their expectations and deliverables through the project.
- working with the director to plan and manage new and incoming projects
- Support on client pitches and presentations
Experience & skills
- Qualified architect or urban designer
- Strong design led portfolio in urban design
- Experience of leading small teams
- Experience of international or UK projects
- Experience of working across multiple projects at different stages
- Supporting senior leaders in pitches or putting together client presentations
- Mentoring team members
Office: Central London
Hours: Mon-Fri 9.30am – 6pm
Office policy: this role is remote working, with occasional office days. The studio is looking for a permanent base in the new year.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The salary will be commensurate with your level of experience and there is a yearly bonus. This role is an urgent requirement. Start dates could be the end of the year or 2023.