Job ID 4958
Salary (£) TBA
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
ARCHITECT (RIBA QUALIFIED)
KWL Architects Ltd is a medium sized award-winning Architects practice specialising in care related projects across the UK. We are seeking a recently qualified Architect to join and strengthen our busy team located in Newport, South Wales.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:-
- The is a Full time, 37 hour, office based position within our office located at Newport, South Wales.
- ARB / RIBA qualified with either BArch or Masters degree in Architecture.
- 1 – 3 years’ relevant UK experience, experience in the ‘care’ sector is a benefit but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written language.
- Be proficient and experienced in all phases of the design process, including feasibility, planning, tender stages of the RIBA Plan of work, and be able to assist with the delivery of construction packages to take a project through to completion on site.
- Experienced and competent in the use of Architectural design software including AutoCAD LT, Revit, photoshop, In-design and PowerPoint.
- Be able to demonstrate design flair and excellent design skills, combined with a practical common-sense approach to problem solving.
- Be able to produce high-quality designs, with a particular attention to detail and aesthetics for the delivery of concept, feasibility, and planning drawings.
- Prepare planning, briefing, public presentation, and DAS documents using appropriate software.
- Ability to manage workload and be adaptable when working on a variety of projects and different clients.
- Ability to work independently on smaller projects or as part of a team on larger projects.
- When team working, be able to communicate effectively within a team and assist in delivering design and technical solutions and information.
- Have a good working knowledge of UK planning policies and understanding of the building regulations, relevant to applicant’s experience.
- A willingness to learn with a can-do attitude.
- Must possess a UK driving licence and be able to attend Site visits within the UK when projects are being procured and constructed on site.
- KWL Architects Ltd is an Employee-owned business (EOT)
- A good salary commensurate with experience, with annual Pay reviews.
- Good opportunity for progression within the practice.
- Bonuses from profits paid twice yearly.
- Minimum of 25 days paid holiday leave, increasing with length of service.
- Automatic enrolment into the company pension scheme.
- Medical Healthcare cover.
- Modern open plan working environment with social area.
- Paid social events.
KWL Architects is an EOT (Employee-Owned Trust) This is an opportunity to work for a client focused practice, in a friendly office environment, working on a variety of projects across the UK. This is a permanent position for the right candidate and the salary will be commensurate with experience.