Job ID 5601
Salary (£) circa £38 – 45,000 pa dependent on individual ability and experience
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
HARRIS MCCORMACK ARCHITECTS IS SEEKING A PROJECT ARCHITECT TO JOIN IT’S TEAM AT ARCHAUS IN WANSFORD, CAMBRIDGESHIRE
HMA is a forward thinking, award winning Chartered Practice, searching for a creative, enthusiastic Project Architect to join its highly collaborative and creative studio based in Wansford, south of Stamford.
We are a relatively young expanding practice with an opportunity for an enthusiastic Project Architect to join and help grow our local and national reputation: Primarily working in the high end private residential sector, we work extensively on contemporary AND conservation projects. Working in a modern open plan studio within an iconic Art Deco landmark building on the A1, we have private parking, electric charging points and excellent local facilities.
We offer flexible working hours and following a successful probation period, the successful candidate will have an opportunity for part home / part office based working.
We have high expectations of our new recruit; therefore the successful candidate will display eagerness and enthusiasm for the new opportunity, have knowledge of the practice and our ethos, including the type of projects we work on.
They will also demonstrate a willingness to learn and take on information when needed. We are looking for someone with the right positive attitude to become a key member of our dedicated team of professionals and help drive the Practice forward.
- Work within collaborative team across all RIBA stages on high end private residential projects and bespoke commercial / leisure sectors
- Ensure the design standards are both maintained and met
- Have a sound knowledge of current UK Building Regulations in the relevant sectors
- Attend design team meetings, lead internal teams
- Liaise with the clients, consultants, local authorities and contractors on projects
- Guide juniors on design and technical details when needed
- ARB registered Chartered Architect with a minimum 5 years post RIBA pt 3 experience on projects within the residential sector
- Have a strong attention to detail and be a well organised individual
- Strong client relations and communication skills
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, with experience overseeing project deliverables
- Proficient Autocad user, with knowledge of Sketch Up, Lumion and Photoshop
- Creativity and problem solving skills
- Holistic experience across the majority of RIBA stages
What we can offer
- The chance to work at a young, evolving practice with an exciting and diverse range of projects
- Opportunity for the right minded individual to expand and develop other areas within our Practice portfolio
- You will enjoy considerable autonomy in the running of projects
- Competitive salary package (circa £38 – 45,000 pa, dependent on individual ability and experience)
- Flexible working hours
- Established home working policy
- Excellent career prospects with performance based rewards
- Free private parking
- Electric charging points available
- Open plan studio with a friendly and inclusive environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Office functions and events
If you are a passionate architect looking for a new challenge, with ambitions to join a highly collaborative practice with excellent career progression prospects, then apply today.
Please give our Practice Manager, Carina a call on 01780 433334 for a brief chat and send your CV to Carina@harrismccormack.co.uk .