Job ID 3223
Salary (£) £40,000 - £45,000
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are partnering with a Warwickshire architectural studio to assist with their growth. Due to a period of fortunate project wins, they are seeking to strengthen their design team and are recruiting for experienced Architects. The schemes are extremely high-end residential so previous demonstrable skills in this sector are essential.
The business is an award-winning architectural practice situated in the centre of Stratford-upon-Avon, providing a full architectural service to residential, commercial, and community clients and projects.
The studio’s understanding of architecture and the built environment has been particularly informed by the team’s combined experience, working with existing structures. They will often repair, alter and remould, enhancing a building and site, according to its physical settings and context.
An appreciation and experience of how the form and mass of buildings influence human environments informs and is central to the team’s approach to crafting and introducing new interventions.
The aim is to improve and enhance where people live, through design and structure. Their design and build solutions are as inventive, innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious, as they are considered.
And this service is not restricted to the studio’s bespoke and individual clients. The philosophy and expertise has proven commercial viability, also adding value and distinctive quality to more economically scaled projects.
The role of the architect is to deliver projects from initiation through to sign off by the client and to provide support where appropriate during the build phase.
Duties will include:
• Work across multiple projects having a robust understanding in conceptual design, brief development, client communication and discussion with statutory authorities
• Highly skilled presentation visually and verbally, able to communicate in public environments
• Skilled in preparing applications, including all documents and communication with all parties, including DAS, Heritage Assessments, design review, analysis of planning policy
• Liaising with internal and external team members and organisations
• Liaise with Political Ward Members and Parish Councillors on individual projects
• Production of feasibility reports, design proposals, detailed workings, drawings, specifications, calculations, forecasts, costings, presentations, reports, applications for planning and building control, tenders and other documents as required
• Participate in presentations, site visits, client meetings, sub-contractor meetings and other meetings
• Follow the specific health and safety procedures at each site
• Little supervision or assistance in preparing technical drawings, building materials specification and building regulation application submission and liaison, utilising third party analysis such as SAP assessments
• Robust ability to undertake Contract administration and packaging technical drawings for construction with minimum supervision
• Financially aware of agreed fee and timescales across work stages and logging working hours timely
• Contact with clients, contractor, sub-contractors, authorities and project field personnel, developing relationships, ensuring effective communication and co-ordination between all parties and striving to keep client satisfaction at a high level
• Demonstrate knowledge of construction methods and materials and the economics involved
• Keep abreast of technological developments and attend technical and professional society meetings and seminars
• IT literate including use of Macs, Vectorworks and Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
• Adhere to the RIBA Code of Professional Conduct
• Open up and lock up office premises adhering to security procedure
• Follow and adhere to company H&S policy and risk assessments
• Carry out role against ISO Strategies Quality Management
This is not an exhaustive list, from time to time you may be asked to undertake tasks not listed above. You may also be also to work occasionally from a location other than that specified above.
To apply please send your updated CV and portfolio / work samples to email@example.com or to discuss this role in further detail please call 07812 993513.