Job ID 1961
Salary (£) from £40,000 pro rata for 18.5 hours
Contact Email email@example.com
Are you an experienced Operations Manager looking for a new challenge?
Austin Design Works is a practice of Chartered Architects and Landscape Architects, based in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire. Our business has been established in the area for over 20 years. We are looking for a part-time Project Manager (18.50 hours per week) to join our team ideally to start immediately.
We provide a supportive environment in which to work, develop skills and experience and historically have provided good opportunities for promotion within the business. We are committed to addressing the Climate and Biodiversity Emergency and apply sustainable principles to all our projects across the private residential and commercial sectors, both locally and nationally.
Our workload is varied and, we think, exciting – deep retrofit, Passivhaus co-housing design, sports facilities and open spaces as well as listed buildings and high-end houses.
This is a genuine opportunity to work part time, flexibly to suit your needs. Remote working is a possibility after a period of induction. You will be working alongside colleagues in the office and also be liaising directly with clients and other collaborators.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 year’s project managing experience. You will track progress and supervise project teams to ensure the achievement of milestones. The role should be undertaken with a comprehensive understanding and ownership of time constraints and the financial implications of these on the business.
- Must have project managing background of at least 3 years
- Experience of working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Genuine team player – willing to actively support colleagues in a small practice
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to continually readjust to movable targets
- Excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills, having the ability to quickly build rapport with team, clients and consultants
- Ability to work under pressure and make hard decisions required to achieve project objectives
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of working within an architectural design environment or construction management
- Experience of writing proposals for services and fees
- Communicate and encourage efficiencies and best practice within the team
- Knowledge of Noveos or similar practice management software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- An understanding of RIBA contracts and work stages
- More than five years’ experience