Job ID 2367
Salary (£) £35,000 - £45,000
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently recruiting for a National, Award Winning Architectural Practice who are looking for an Architectural Technician / Technologist to be based in their offices near Darlington. This is an excellent opportunity for a degree qualified Architectural Technician / Technologist to join an award winning, national practice.
The client currently has a large number of clients and projects on in a range of sectors within the industry; these areas include Student Accommodation, Mixed Use, Residential, Commercial and other areas. The successful Architectural Technician / Technologist will be responsible for working on the new Commercial / Industrial development that is starting soon. This project is a large scale development that is around the value of £220 million.
This role would suit an individual with both an excellent work ethic and a relevant degree. The practice is using REVIT across the board on all projects; therefore, the most suitable Architectural Technician / Technologist will have experience in REVIT. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company who can offer an excellent package and training.
Our client is looking for an Architectural Technician / Technologist that will be confident with preparing planning applications, tender package drawings, specifications, and building regulation applications, liaise with clients as well as produce schedules. It would also be beneficial for the Architectural Technician / Technologist to have some experience with running their own jobs independently.
Architectural Technician / Technologist Position Overview
- Meet with other professionals and clients at an early stage to agree on the project brief
- Understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues, so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset
- Evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues
- Contribute to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures
- Assess what surveys (e.g. land surveys) are required before work can commence and ensure such surveys are undertaken and their results are fed into the project
- Construction Detailing on a range of projects
Architectural Technician / Technologist Position Requirements
- Degree qualified in Architectural Technology or similar; minimum 5 years professional experience
- Based in the Darlington area or willing to relocate
- Proficient in REVIT
- Good understating of UK Building Regulations
- Excellent team player
- Organised and reliable
Architectural Technician / Technologist Position Remuneration
- Salary: £35k – £45k (DOE)
- 20 days’ holiday + Bank Holiday
- Enrolment onto the CIAT programme + Pay CIAT subscription fees
- Discretionary bonus
- Other Benefits Discussed At Interview Stage
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.