Job ID 3376
Salary (£) £36000 - £40,000 per year
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
A Leading Architect practice is looking to hire a talented & passionate Architectural Technician/Technologist.
You will be joining a practice built on support and encouragement, that promotes strength in diversity and a determination to deliver outstanding projects. This opportunity will allow you to play a key role in the support of their working relationships with colleagues, clients, consultants, contractors, third parties, and suppliers on a variety of commercial, residential, masterplanning, retail, healthcare, transport, education, and community schemes.
Ideally, they are looking for an enthusiastic Architectural Technician/Technologist with 5+ years of UK based experience working in practice on a similarly varied portfolio, preferably in the UK. Strong drawing skills and detailed design, while having a competent ability to use 2D & 3D Autodesk and rendering software allowing you to prepare & present design proposals based on the agreed-upon client project brief.
- Lead the design process and co-ordinate detailed design information
- Coordinate with other consultants/colleagues, disseminate information to team members and negotiate with statutory bodies
- Ensure compliance with design, legal, statutory and professional requirements
- Liaise with and produce documentation for statutory and local approval authorities
- Obtain and evaluate tenders and contracts
- Prepare and present design proposals, working drawings and schedules, specifications using 2D, 3D Autodesk, and 3D rendering packages
- Prepare tender bids and submissions
- Programme work schedules and carry out inspections at various stages
- Source technical information, buildability awareness, carry out Health and Safety Risk assessments, prepare tender reports and recommendations, carry out measured surveys, and implement and work to QA procedures
- Offer advice on environmental and regulatory legal requirements affecting the project
- To advise on suppliers/materials
- Carry out Designer Risk Assessments (CDM)
Skills & Experience
- Good level of visualisation skills and an awareness of design style
- Good knowledge of construction and building law
- A structured approach to problem-solving and decision making
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively as a team member
- Good level of organisation, planning, and management skills to effectively lead projects
- Competent to prepare and deliver presentations and manage meetings effectively
- Good understanding of QA procedures and H&S requirements
- Able to prepare detailed design and working drawings and schedules and prepare specifications
- Able to communicate effectively in verbal, written, and drawn formats using appropriate media for different audiences both internally and externally
This opportunity will need a flexible approach and the ability to cope with the varying demands of the role, whether you find yourself working on your own initiative or as the wider team.
If you are looking for a practice that offers excellent work/project satisfaction with personal & professional development and a competitive salary, apply and get in touch to find out more.
They are an equal-opportunity employer. Celebrating and supporting diversity and committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive environment throughout the employee lifecycle.
For more information or to apply, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Andy Watkins on 07498 564 449. Or submit your CV & Portfolio for consideration to email@example.com
Pelle Recruitment is an Architecture & Design specialist agency, all details will be held in confidence and applications will only be made once we have discussed the role/company that is hiring.