Job ID 2355
Salary (£) £30,000 - £45,000
Contact Email email@example.com
Our client, a multi-disciplinary consultancy, are seeking a talented Architectural Technician / Technologist to join their expanding team in Nottingham. This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of an experienced, professional, multi-disciplinary team. They are a fast-growing organisation, proud to support and nurture their employees, giving them opportunities to learn, grow and thrive.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to see a wide range of projects through from concept to completion. You’ll work collaboratively with colleagues including architects, engineers and quantity surveyors, pooling your expertise to deliver projects that genuinely improve lives. Our client works within a variety of sectors, including, commercial, education, residential, office and other public buildings. The successful Senior Architectural Technician / Technologist should have a good knowledge of Revit software, however some training can be provided.
Working within the Design Team and alongside their multi-disciplinary design and technical teams, the role will deliver a comprehensive technical service, including assisting in and the preparation of working drawings packages, coordination technical information and specification wringing. This is an exciting opportunity for a Technician / Technologist to work at a forward thinking, progressive and supportive practice.
Our client is looking to fill more than one position, so Architectural Technician / Technologists are welcome to apply.
Architectural Technician / Technologist Position Overview
- Responsible for the production and co-ordination of technical drawings
- Deliver a range of projects in 2D/3Dusing Autodesk Revit and work within standard BIM workflow processes such as internal reviews and clash detection
- Assist in the preparation of drawings through all RIBA Work Stages
- Liaise with other members of the design team and clients, including the review of incoming third-party information to ensure coordinated and well resolved integration of design information
- Produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used in the production of robust details and associated specifications
- Attend meetings and site visits as and when required, liaise with internal and outside bodies including contractors and other disciplines to provide technical advice, instruction, and reports, to achieve positive outcomes
Architectural Technician / Technologist Position Requirements
- A portfolio of work and experience working as an Architectural Technologist
- Knowledge of current & emerging technical design, construction and environmental issues, legislative requirements and statutory responsibilities pertaining to the role
- Degree in Architectural Technology or HNC/HND qualification in an architectural or other relevant construction related field
- Proficient in / working knowledge of Revit for both 3D collaborative design and 2D production information output
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to use own initiative to plan and manage and prioritise own work programme, projects and other resources
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to work effectively and collaborate with internal and external teams and an ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and reconcile differences
Architectural Technician / Technologist Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary (£30,000 – £50,000 DOE)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Progression / training plans
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Flexible working policies
- Ongoing professional development and training
- A friendly, welcoming working environment
- Recently redesigned, contemporary offices
- Social and training initiatives
- Free coffee / fresh fruit
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.