Job ID 2361
Salary (£) £22,000 - £50,000
Contact Email email@example.com
Our client, a Chartered Building Surveyors firm, are seeking an Architectural Technician / Technologist to join their growing team in Glasgow. This is an exciting role for an Architectural Technician / Technologist with at least 1 years’ practical experience to join an expanding team and have a clear path for progression & professional development. Candidates at all levels can be considered if they have Revit proficiency.
The ideal candidate will have 1+ years’ experience working as an Architectural Technician / Technologist and ideally possess a working knowledge of Scottish building regulations & planning processes. Our client use both Revit and AutoCAD on various projects so a knowledge of at least one of these software would be desirable.
This is an important role within the team reporting directly to the Technical Director. Your role will support the Retrofit Energy Assessors who are currently working on medium and large scale EWI projects within a variety of sectors, such as Commercial, Education and Residential. A knowledge of PAS2035 would be desirable, but not essential, as training will be provided. This is an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Technician / Technologist to progress their career further within a supportive and busy atmosphere and expose the successful candidate to a wealth of knowledge and development.
Architectural Technician / Technologist Position Overview
- Responsible for interpreting surveyors site notes and measurements to produce general arrangement drawings and details in accordance with relevant standards.
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver packages of drawings on time and to a high standard of presentation utilizing companies drawing standards and templates.
- Participate in knowledge sharing across teams.
- Where required, take responsibility for maintaining drawing records.
- Use Revit/CAD to produce technical details
- Attend in-house CAD/CPD courses where required.
- Be available to assist with on-site surveys where required.
- Submit drawing packs online for planning and building warrant purposes utilising the E-planning Scotland portal and the Planning Portal.
Architectural Technician / Technologist Position Requirements
- Strong knowledge of Scottish Building Standards
- Experience with Enscape (advantageous)
- Knowledge of English Building Regulations (Advantageous)
- Confidence working as part of a team, both in office and on site
- Experience with AutoCAD or Revit
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a keen eye for detail
- An HND or degree in Architectural Technology (Or Similar) or be able demonstrate the required experience and knowledge from working within the construction industry over a number of years
Architectural Technician / Technologist Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary (£25,000 – £45,000 DOE)
- 30 days annual leave
- Training and progression within the organization
- Work with a great team of highly skilled professionals
- Gain exposure to different elements to the business, such as facades, surveying and retrofit services
- Other company benefits to be discussed at interview stage
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.