Job ID 1180
Salary (£) £20,000 - £27,000
Contact Email email@example.com
We’re looking for an architectural technician to join the team.
Do you have a head for planning, processes and paperwork? Do you know your CIL from your SAP? Does finding clever solutions that balance design and function really float your boat?
Then we’d love to hear from you.
From carrying out accurate building surveys to completing and submitting documentation, we’re on the hunt for an architectural technician/technologist who gets a kick out of understanding the regulatory requirements of buildings, is driven by deadlines and a little bit obsessed with the details.
Role and responsibilities:
We’re looking for an architectural technician/technologist to get involved with our exciting portfolio of projects. You will be working predominantly on RIBA stages 3+ but there will also be work at stages 1 and 2. This is an exciting role for someone who’s experienced at understanding buildings and drawings, at meeting deadlines and willing to form relationships with clients and contractors.
The role will include:
- Carrying out measured building surveys and drawing up existing plans with accuracy and minimal supervision
- Providing all necessary documentation and detailed drawings for planning and building regulation applications
- Submitting and monitoring applications within deadlines
- Liaising directly with appropriate authorities and consultants
- Providing detailed construction information and tender packages
- Assisting with developments to ArchiCAD templates, file systems and processes
- Organising and attending site visits
- Forming good relationships with clients, contractors, structural engineers and other third parties
- Assisting other members of the project team in their day-to-day duties
Being a team player is crucial in a small business and at Marraum we all need to work flexibly, particularly during busy periods. So there may also be times when other jobs need doing such as answering the phone, general housekeeping, organising team days or training.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role and/or industry relevant qualification is essential
- Excellent knowledge and experience of 3D CAD software and drawing methods
- Skilled use of ArchiCAD is desirable
- Good understanding of building surveying
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK planning process and policies
- Good understanding of UK building regulations
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work on your
own initiative and meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- Must be a team player with the ambition to succeed and develop within a supportive company
- Good spoken and written English
What we offer:
Marraum is about the story of space. We have a vision to create healthy, happy and more sustainable communities. Seeing more than what’s put before us. Giving space the respect it deserves. Our focus centres around giving more to people and place by delivering joyful, considerate and crafted architecture.
Marraum boasts a very team oriented, supportive and collaborative atmosphere. We hold regular team lunches and events. To encourage a healthier and more sustainable work/life balance we encourage all team members to take part in ‘My Green Hour’ – a paid hour a week to focus on something personally sustainable.
Salary and package:
Salary £20,000 – £27,000 depending upon experience
37.5 hours per week
Statutory pension scheme
28 days holiday including statutory bank holidays
Paid professional memberships
Role based in our Penryn office with flexible working options available
My Green Hour – up to an hour a week to focus on personal sustainability
Out of office team days
To apply please send a cv and condensed portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org